It’s fall here and Sweet Potatoes are on sale, so a bag was purchased!
And I wanted to make something different but simple… I like making things with the least number of ingredients possible, but that still tastes good etc.
So after I steamed 4 medium sweet potatoes and puréed them, what to do next came as I progressed through the other baking I was doing and what I had on hand.
I was making turkey wontons, and had some wrappers left over so I created little tart shells with those by draping them over greased inverted muffin tins. I baked them until crunchy and golden at 350- maybe 10 minutes.
Sweet Potato Cheesecakes
- 4 sweet potatoes ( each was about 1.5 inches thick by 4-5 inches long
- 1 250 gram block of cream cheese ( I think vegans could use soft tofu)
- ½ cup maple syrup ( or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon each cinnamon and ginger powder
- Pinch of salt
- 30 wonton wrappers 3 inch square or round ( or tart shells)
- 90 mini marshmallows ( optional but fun)
Pre-bake the shells/ or make shells by draping the wonton wrappers over greased inverted muffin tins and baking at 350 until golden brown( maybe 10 minutes).